Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blueberry (that became raspeberry) and lemon tea cake

You know where and when I wanted to be while eating this cake, I wished I was in back in 1800/1900, sitting in the garden of a little chateau in England, having a tea party with my friends, dressed in my best ivory muslin dress,and having conversation with dashing lord,



hmmm...what a nice dream, I should stop reading all those romance novels!!!!!!! Anyway nothing stops me from having a nice party with my friends in my garden, sipping tea in my new Limoges tea cups, and I think I'll have it...

Back to the cake, it is such a delicious cake so moist, the sweet and sour of the berries and lemon is such a nice combination, it reminds me of a pound cake but softer. Now in the pictures you will see that my cake went from a blueberry to a raspeberry cake, I had a mishap with my camera and so I took pictures of a second cake I made just after we finishd eating the first one and I try raspeberries.



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 5 by 9 inch baking pan, and dust with flour, tapping out excess.

Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and syrup is thickened, about 4 minutes. Let stand while making cakes.

Meanwhile, combine heavy cream, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and the vanilla in a bowl. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in another bowl


Beat butter, lemon zest, and remaining cup sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.


Reduce speed to low, and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.


Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour.




Gently fold in blueberries using a rubber spatula.

Bake on a rimmed baking sheet until a toothpick inserted into the center of each comes out clean, about 55 minutes.


And voila,





Ingredients :

1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for pans
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 4 lemons)
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Salt
2 large eggs
6 ounces blueberries (1 1/4 cups)

No comments: