Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pictures and a recipe.

My head is still full of pretties from the antique show... I was ready to buy everything!!! Alas my budget wasn't that big, and some of the things were quite expensive. I still managed to buy few items but you'll have to wait another day or 2 ( I didn't get a chance to take pictures of them). I also got the chance to talk with some nice people who were happy to tell me more about what and where their antiques came from, so interesting. And they have their shops locally so if the antique bug gets me I know where to go. Now on with the pictures...

I think I caught the silver fever!!!








Cameos, I love cameos I think they are so elegant...


Pretty plates...




salt anyone???


my love for purses caught up with me


and this one is just because I love silhouettes


I have so much more pictures but mostly of the same things, I don't want you to get bored, HA!!!


Now with the recipe, I wanted to share a salad recipe, one of my favorite. I know the weather is not a salad weather, but I'm sure once you give it a try you'll be hooked...My salad is a couscous salad it is full of veggies,  and the dressing has a hint of curry


You'll need a cup of grated carrots, a cup of cucumber diced really tiny, chopped calamata olives, chopped mint, crumbled feta cheese...


a cup of red pepper diced really tiny, 1/2 cup of raisins, a small can of sweet white and yellow corn drained and washed, and of course 2 and 1/2 cups of cooked couscous.


Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and put it in the fridge. For the dressing,

Mix togheter 1 measure of lemon juice for 3 measures of olive oil, 1 tbsp of dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and 1 tsp of curry powder. Add the dressing to the couscous and let it stand another few hours in the fridge the longer it stays in the fridge the better!!!! Bon appetit... 

Sorry that's the only picture I have of the salad.

2 comments:

Natascha said...

Your blog rocks. I love the pictures of both the antiques and the salad prep. It is very good that your little camera takes such nice pictures. Always keep it close by.

Emmy said...

That salad looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.

What I love about antiques is the fact that all those objects have a history. I wish they could talk!